In 1861 Aborigines killed white settlers at Cullin-la-ringo; in return police and white settlers massacred aborigines. This building was built the following year and was intended to be, and used as, a storehouse for foodstuffs and other supplies. Whether it was also intended to be a fortified building from the outset is unknown. In any case, it has become to be known as the Old Rainworth Fort.
A side view of the building.