Much of what is now Oxley Wild Rivers National Park was previously used for growing cattle. At various times of the year cattle were mustered for one reason or another (e.g. branding, or to move to market). At these times, those people working in the gorges and valleys lived in temporary accommodation which was built from materials at hand.
Alan Youdale’s hut, built in the early 1940’s, is an example of such a shelter.
This is the track down to the hut [4-wheel drive vehicles only].